Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lots of Changes!!

Hi everyone! Happy Spring! Hope Easter weekend was wonderful for all of my friends and family. The past few weeks have brought a lot of crazy changes for me, so I thought I would just list some of them...

1. I cut my hair off! And I really love it. 2. I was able to extend my program, so my departure date has officially changed to May 14th! It was quite the ordeal, let me tell you. They were trying to ship me home early with the other BYU and BYU-Idaho students, but after lots of phone calls, meetings with managers, prayers, and a few tears...we got it all worked out. Ha ha, I feel so good about staying!
3. I have finally finished applying for those professional internships I mentioned in my last post. So now it's just kind of a waiting game to see if I get any offers to come back to Orlando in June. My most recent interview went really well, so we'll see what happens.
4. Since my departure date changed, I had to move to a new apartment and now have a new roommate. She is way cute, and we've been getting along great. Our place is so small though! I miss my old bathroom that was huge, because now it's harder to dance in the morning while I get ready.
5. The parks are so crowded for Spring Break that cast members have actually been asked to avoid coming in for a few weeks. So I have had to find other things to do besides watching the Finding Nemo show and riding Splash Mountain all day!
6. I have grown quite a thick skin the past few weeks. Most of you know I'm a pretty sensitive little person, ha ha. I tend to cry on occasion...or often. But working at Disney World has been really good for me, because I have had to toughen up some. Don't get me wrong, I'm no marine yet. But I am definitely better at holding my own when it comes to dealing with the really rude guests!
7. I'm not as pasty white as I normally am! I've been outside so much I actually am getting a little color...who cares if that color is red? :)
8. I'm now officially certified to drive water taxis at Downtown Disney. Okay, not really, but I had fun sailing with Adam the other night! He was flirting it up and luckily my wonderful friends decided to document the WHOLE thing...awkward.



9. I cooked Easter dinner with friends instead of letting my mama work her magic. But the food actually turned out delicious, and I had fun making the table look all festive!


10. It is the first time in YEARS that I haven't had to stress about finals coming up! This makes me so HAPPY... This photo is pre-haircut, but I had to document my first Disney turkey leg ever! Have a great week!! :)

6 comments:

  1. I love your haircut! It's darling on you. Glad your interview went well. I enjoy not only reading about your adventures but looking at your pictures. You can tell how much love it...you just glow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I'm reading and looking at all of these and I'm sooo JEALOUS!!!! I really wanna gooo!!! you deserve all of these and much much more!! even though I miss you and I can't wait to see you in May when you are back!!! soo much fun! I wanna do that intership tooooooo!!! love yaaa girl! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new haircut. And you are having way too much fun! Yeah for your date being moved to the middle of May! Keep enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright! How about your address now? Do you know where you'll be in about 2 weeks? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Erin!
    I hopped over to your blog from Tiffany's. Just wanted to say hi and tell you your hair looks great and it sounds like you're having a fabulous time! Hope all goes well for the big job in june! Take care! Layne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin ~ Very elegant new 'do', and as always, you look totally awesome. I miss you 'little one', and it is such a joy to be able to stop by here to visit once in a while. You have a special place in my heart. Good luck with the internship! Much love, Jackie

    ReplyDelete