Tuesday, March 16, 2010

BEST MONTH EVER!!

So it's been a really long time since I posted...there is a lot to catch up on!! So bear with me, because there might be a lot of pictures and some rambling in this. But here are some of the major highlights and happenings of the past few weeks:

• I got to see the "Cirque Du Soleil: La Nouba" show at Downtown Disney...twice...FOR FREE!! It’s an incredible show, and I’m so glad my roommate gave me the mad hookups. I even got to meet some of the performers. Umm and I have a huge crush on this guy in it, because he goes to church with me. A Mormon circus boy definitely spells trouble! • I applied for an extension to my program. If it's approved, I will be staying at least until May!
• I went to sing some crazy karaoke at Universal Studios’ City Walk. I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time. This is a picture of me there with my favorite girls from Tomorrowland! We call ourselves the “Buzz Buzz Sisterhood.” Yes, we are dorks. • I realized I have officially moved on from Provo life for the time being...I didn't buy a cap and gown for April graduation at BYU. And I feel really good about it!
• Some famous people may or may not have come to the parks…anyone heard of Johnny Depp or Taylor Swift? 
• I have started applying for some professional internships with Disney that would start in June. These are more specialized than what I’m doing now and lead to more long-term careers with Disney. Pretty exciting!!
• I started attending an awesome marketing class with a friend. I’ll be honest, it’s kind of fun to be in a classroom again. We don’t have homework or anything, so it’s just a lecture series with the big wigs in the company. I can’t wait to hear from the president of the Disney Cruise Line. Hee hee.
• The parks have started getting crazy crowded…Spring Break season is upon us! Therefore I’ve gotten really good at dealing with angry / hyper / grumpy / tired guests.
• And best of all…MY FAMILY CAME TO VISIT!! A few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to get three days off, get them in for free, and enjoy the full Rowley-Disney touring experience. I think we hit everything in each one of the four parks! The weather was almost perfect, and I had so much fun spending time with them. I’m so grateful for their support! And I was only a little embarrassed when they took pictures of me in my lovely space costume. Here is a small sampling of all the pics we took, starting with my very favorite from the whole trip...








Have a wonderful week, everyone!! Life is good if we choose to be happy! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Erin there was so much goodness in that post...you've been leaving us hanging for a lot of weeks here girlie! This was so great to hear about your tons and tons of exciting news! Let me know when you hear about your extension and professional internship!! You are great and I miss you and love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love must be good! You look so happy, and of course you are there in that wonderful place! How fun to see cirque de sole! and that your family came... horray! thanks for charing! (this is jess sherwood anderson by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, it is fun to see what you are up to. I found your blog on Nae's blog. It looks like Disney is a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete