Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Livin' the Disney Dream!

Hey again! So I promise that not all of my posts will include a top 10 list, but for now...it's just really working for me. So I present to you today---

TEN REASONS WHY WORKING FOR DISNEY
HAS BEEN COMPLETELY SURREAL SO FAR:
10. I get to refer to myself as a "cast member" and enter/exit the parks and other areas through special "employees only" gates. Hee hee. It just makes anyone feel cool.
9. Most everyone I have met is super friendly and helpful. You can talk to anyone! And I get to help visiting guests everyday--I love answering questions about Disney.
8. I got to take one of my best friends all over Magic Kingdom for her very first time!! Gave her a personal "VIP" tour and even got us some special FastPasses.
7. Each day when I go to work, I get to walk through the "Utilidors." It is the underground tunnel system used by employees in the Magic Kingdom. And it is such a top secret area, they won't even let you carry a camera down there! My favorite thing is walking UNDER Cinderella's Castle.
6. I get to hang out with really cool people ...like Belle :) 5. I am learning all sorts of secrets about the Buzz Lightyear ride and get to be "behind the scenes" a lot. It's actually fun to see an attraction with all of the lights on.
4. Sometimes I actually get paid to watch fireworks!
3. I get lots of random discounts on things like movie tickets, Panera Bread, Disney merchandise, etc.
2. I actually get excited to clock in on the computer system for my shifts, because sometimes there are little messages from Mickey on there for you. Everything really is more magical when you're working for the Mouse.
1. And my most favorite reason of the day...do any of you remember the TV show, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman? Well, one of my coworkers in Tomorrowland is most definitely Shawn Toovey, the guy who played little "Brian" as a young boy on that show! I met him today. He's all grown up now, but I definitely was starstruck all day. And even called him Brian at one point. I'm a loser, yes, but I work with a famous actor! Ha ha, life is good.
Shawn then & now-ish (hopefully I can snap a picture with him soon!) Hope everyone has a great day!! :) Thanks for the support.

10 comments:

  1. How awesome for you!! Oh, and I loved Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. How fun for you to work with him :) I'm loving your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utilidors!!! I bet that is even better than Dad's secret entrance through the store on main street!! Sounds like a lot of fun. Dad is so jealous right now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 Love it! I'm so glad you are here in Florida and in one of the happiest places on earth! Life is so great! Thanks for showing me the best of Magic Kingdom. I hope there's many more times to come and so many more memories to enjoy together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome that you are working with a TV celebrity at Disney! And getting special passes behind the scenes. You're like a secret Disney agent. And I heard that you rode my most favorite ride in the whole wide Disney World 5 TIMES in row - Expedition Everest! Love it! Sooooooo jealous! Look so forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK What just happened? I just posted the above comment and it said that I am Gerard! Who is Gerard?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha, I was very confused. I'm glad that comment was from you and not some creepy man :) Thanks for your support! Miss ya and love ya, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know! Gerard creeped me out too! (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erin you are hilarious! Miss you lots but I can see you are having an amazing time!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, I really can't believe you recognized little Brian as an adult. You are good! At least from the pictures, I definitely could not tell they were the same person. That story really made me laugh. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time. Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please tell me more about working with Shawn Toovey what's he like what does he do there! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete