Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hello World....from Disney World!!!

Okay, so this is exciting. It's the first post on my first blog ever! Welcome to it! I recently moved out to Orlando, Florida, to do an internship with WALT DISNEY WORLD, and I thought this would be a great way to keep everyone updated on what I'm doing. I've been here almost two weeks. Things have been crazy and exhausting and wonderful so far. I don't have much time to post right now, so just to kick things off, I thought I would start with this list...moving to Florida has definitely been a big change.

Top 10 Reasons Why I Know I'm Not in Provo Anymore:
1. Restaurants stay open AFTER 9:00pm (shocking, I know!)
2. Instead of studying psychological theories and financial formulas, I'm now studying things like how many guests can load Buzz Lightyear at a time and the evacuation plans for Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (I have been assigned to work Tomorrowland Attractions in the Magic Kingdom!!)
3. Instead of carrying around a BYU Student ID, I get to wear this bad boy around...

4. It's nearing the end of January, yet I get to go swimming and even got a little sunburned yesterday. The weather is beautiful!
5. People (especially on the buses) look at me weird when I mention things like FHE and Relief Society.
6. Instead of being called Erin or Sis. Rowley, I'm now known as "New Girl," "Lil' Sass," "Boo," or "CP" (College Program for Disney).
7. No one has made a big deal about the fact that I am 22 and single :) Yay!
8. I have to pay more than a dollar when I want to see a movie. What's up with that? Hee hee.
9. Getting dressed everyday is just a little more exciting, because instead of normal clothes, I get to wear my "costume!" Basically, I get to wear a hot gray and black spacey looking outfit. (Pictures to follow at a later date)
10. Oh, instead of seeing Y Mountain...I get to see Mount Everest, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Thunder Mountain (and of course this beautiful castle) almost every single day! And I can play in any of the parks anytime I'm not working. I feel very blessed to be here!!



Many more posts to follow. "Have a magical day!"

13 comments:

  1. Love it, Erin!! I'm so excited to hear all of your crazy adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh Erin, this is wonderful. I think my favorite part is "no one thinks its a big deal that i'm 22 and single." It's not a big deal! :) Love/miss you!
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin!! I love you and I am so jealous. You're list is hilarious...I can't wait to see "costumer" pictures! Miss you tons!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. and the blog is sweet! nice design work and titling! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love you Erin!!! And a sunburn? So proud! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you have a blog now! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin I love your blog design! Your list made me laugh :) It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful experience. I'm so happy for you. I agree with whoever Rachel is "22 is no big deal!!" Enjoy every moment while you are there. Do you remember Clark Knowlton? He served in that area on his mission.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been anxiously waiting for pictures and an update and am so glad to get your link. Now I can live all these fun adventures vicariously through you!:) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Erin, I am so excited that you will be giving us a play-by-play of your day-to-day and I'm sorry-to-say that I am HERE-to-stay instead of THERE-to-play with you! Miss you! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still think I can score higher than you on Buzz lightyear....luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooooooo...? Where are you? MIA?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yayyy!!! this is sooo cool!!! Girl! I'm jealous! I love your 10 reasons especially number 7!!! I hope I can go to visit you someday!! love ya! :D

    ReplyDelete